Thursday, January 7, 2010

Divorce

I have read alot of blogs and articles about how couples make their relationships work so much better when they completely take the option of divorce out of the picture. 

Dan and I are doing amazingly right now.  We are both giving equal effort to our relationship and things are going very well.  I am really hoping we never, ever fight again.  However...we have only been married 5 years and we have 2 small children.  I would like more babies .  He does not.  I like to parent with an easy tone and a mutual respect between me and the kids.  He likes to teach, do as I say - not as I do and don't speak unless spoken to.  Unfortunately, fighting or squabbling is inevitable.  I can only pray that they will be silly fights, nothing big and we can get through them with nice words, no blaming, etc.  According to Dan, he won't ever get married again.  I am not sure if this means he would never get divorced or just that he would never re-marry.  Either way, I don't ever plan on getting a divorce.  I came into this marriage with the intent for death do us part, I think that he did too.

What I would like to learn is how to completely remove any option of divorce from the equation.  We have never really spoke of getting a divorce, but more in terms of what we would do if we ever split up.  So, in essence - we talk about it without actually talking about it.  So, if we could remove that thought completely, I think we could square up our arguments quicker and just get to the point and stop blaming and get it over with.

So, if I ever get any followers and you have any suggestions - I am welcoming them!

No comments:

Post a Comment