Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Things that make you go hmmm...

This is a very random post and I am certainly not judging, I am just wondering what the heck is running through her head.  Okay, so maybe I am judging a bit. 

Alright, we have had the same sitter for over a year and let me tell you, she is hands down fabulous.  I have actually tried to take the time and find something wrong with her.  Really, she is that good.  We found her through a great guy at my work.  She was his neighbor before he moved.  She was located about 1.5 miles from our old house in St. Charles and it couldn't have been a more perfect situation.  So, then that situation didn't work out (a whole 'nother post) and we moved back out to Wentzville and I travel from W-town, to St. Charles (about half way up Hwy 94 from Hwy 40) and then back down to work at Citi (Hwy K & Hwy 40), about 10 more miles each way.  Does this help in regards to how wonderful she is?   She was a little higher than we wanted to pay when I first called, but after we hung up, she called me back and knocked her price down $50 per week to $200.  Also, we had to pack our own lunches...something we had never had to do before (regular lunches for Lexi and of course our own formula and baby food for Lil Bear).  But it turned out that was better, because we always knew what they ate, no questions. 

We will call her fabulously wonderful or FW from here.  So, FW has 5 children of her own, ranging from 3 to 14.  The four older ones are in school and the youngest has become Lexi's very best friend.  Her youngest in-school daughter is 5 and her birthday is coming up.  FW's husband is a police officer.  He is there alot during the day and that makes me feel even better.  So, out of their 5 kids, they have 1 boy.  The two older girls are very quiet.  Evidentally, they both get straight A's and are just stellar kids.  I think this is great, she has reared some really good kids, good for me, right?  The older two get their hair done with FW, get their nails done, get Coach purses, Hollister clothing, etc.  And this is regular, everyday type of gifts.  Their son gets Wii games all the time....so, you get my drift?  Anywho, FW also works 1 day or so every week or so at Gymboree.  For those poor folks out there like me, Gymboree is a childrens clothing store, boutique style.  They have "lines" in which all of the clothing matches, from hair bows to the shirt, underwear, pants, socks, accessories and the list goes on.  So, as you can tell, the clothing is NOT CHEAP.  I am talking $20 for one t-shirt, $40 for a pair of jeans.  FW works there strictly for the discount...she will tell you this.  So, the two younger ones (and all the older ones when they were smaller) wear head-to-toe Gymboree.  I have in fact been sucked in, until I was basically put on kids clothing probation by Dan.  (This was a good thing, because this is when I discovered garage sales!!  A whole 'nother 'nother post).  She gets a 40% discount...not too shabby, but STILL!  She has managed to get Jamie completely hooked and now Baby M wears it all...but is just too cute!

FW is a talker...and I loves me a talker!  After spending all day with little ones, ages 4 and under - I would be talking the heck off someones ear!  She seems to talk about ALL of the money they spend.  UGH....only because I have none!  She has to have at least 10 kids and you figure about $100 per kid per week equals about $1000 per week....cold.cash.money!  Not to mention FW's hubby is a lieutenant for a nearby county police department and has been there for awhile...so he's probably making some bank too.

So, she loves to talk about the new lines with Gymboree, how they spend at least $100 every time they go out to eat as a family (which is an awful lot), her $90 shampoo and conditioner, the Coach purses she bought for herself and the two older girls, the American Girl dolls, etc.  So, today after Jamie and I picked up the kiddos, Jamie texted me to inform me that FW is purchasing a purse for her 2nd youngest child (the one in school)...but get this - its a freakin COACH purse, but its only the $180 one?  SNAP! 

HOLY WOW!  I don't think I have ever actually spent $180 on one single item, for myself, let alone a 5 year old.  So, I ask of my zero friends...what the heck?  What would a 5 year old need with a purse, a Coach purse nonetheless.  Again, I am trying not to judge, but wow.  Did I mention that she eventually knocked our weekly rate down from $200 to $150 since we referred Jamie and Carol?  So, they can afford to reduce our rate by $200 monthly and still afford designer handbags for their children.  I repeat, children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment