Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trying another new thing...

What a crazy few weeks we have had.  Good crazy though!  My grandparents are officially moved in and its going great!  My grandmother is the warmest, kindest big-hearted person you will ever meet.  The kids absolutely adore them and enjoy going downstairs so much!  They think they are going on a mini-vacation or something, it's so cute!  Grandma has been cooking for us here and there and its just beyond awesome!  For anyone lucky enough to have a grandma, you know what I mean.  The cool thing about her cooking though is that she cooks like she is cooking for a post heart attack patient.  My grandpa has severe kidney failure along with high blood pressure, etc.  So, she does not salt while cooking and if she uses butter (mostly she uses olive oil) she uses Smart Balance.  This is all very good, to our surprise!  We used to cook with a huge heap of butter (for heating up veggies on the stove) and salt the heck out of EVERYTHING!  It's been a really nice change. 

So, yesterday I got up and took off on a couple of errands.  This is a time that Dan "allows" me, sort of unspoken.  This is time I can run out and get a couple of things done while he stays home and entertains the kiddos.  Yeah, he's cool like that and I got it that good!  So, I was thinking about joining a gym.  Dan has started working out with his bff Matt, in his basement.  He's doing so good and I am getting a little jealous - as well as turned on!  ;)  Along with his new change, Weight Watchers came to Citi on Friday to start the At-Work program.  We thought we would be able to sign up and weigh in on Friday, but they had such a great turn out that they weren't prepared.  Great huh!  This many people are ready to make a change in their lives!  WahooOO!!  Brooke and I headed to the WW store in the Wal-Mart and grabbed the Points Calculator and the journals.  We are going to go ahead and get this started while they are hammering out the meeting details at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment