Friday, January 15, 2010

I took the plunge...#1

In the new year, I have vowed to try and be a better person.  More forgiving, less angry, etc.  So, the two people that my anger is centering deserved a piece of the new (under construction) me.  I am thinking that I am doing this backwards, which might work for me and help me to understand why I let the entire situation get to me so much.  I decided to write to each of these people and let them know that I am sorry for the hateful things I said and that I am letting the situation go.

Here is the first letter:

Hey Dude (changed....obviously),

I completely realize the FB is a very lame way to talk...but here goes.

I should have never, ever said the hateful things I did to you and I am sorry for how I reacted. I understand that this probably won't fix things and I am perfectly fine with that, I just want you to know that I could have chosen a better way to get my point across. I can see that we are two completely different people and while we share the same blood, we came from two completely different backgrounds. I am not name-calling or pointing fingers anymore.

In no way, shape or form do I consider myself (or Dan) the victim in this crappy situation, I hope you hear me on this. I completely understand that we had an agreement and we signed that agreement. Maybe I had impossible/incorrect expectations of the entire situation. I assumed that we would get help if we really needed it and that is not the case. There is so much going on in everyone's lives and while I realize that it was no one else's responsibility but ours to make sure that payment was made, we just couldn't do it anymore and rather than give up and move out, we looked for help.

I was angered by how things went down, how we were ignored, threatened, etc. I thought family would do more for family.

The situation is over and as they say, with every closed door, a window is opened. We are in a much better, affordable situation and are better off for it. Sometimes crappy situations can turn out to be pretty good life lessons.

I hope all is well with you.

Love,

Linds
 
I think I will save the other letter, although it was very similar (almost exact).  So, here goes on my journey, I wish I had some followers *sob* that could tell me if they think this letter would be effective.  Note - I have not received a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment